4.01.2013

11

All I remember
Is that the way your eyes crinkled when you smile
Made me think of eleven.

--Years.
Eleven years came and went by quick, didn't it?
And although you never ended up telling me why you decided to leave early,
I guess maybe Earth and you
...Had a bidding friendship
You had gone through your vows
Paid your dues
And exchanged all your promises

--Were your favorite thing.
Promises made you think of
Infinity signs
And friendship bracelets
And everlasting bubble gum
Like the gum I gave you when we first met
On that one summer night

...Was when you left me.
Night was when you left me
and sometimes I trace the eleven we carved onto my tree
To celebrate our unbreakable friendship
And try to remember
The way your eyes crinkled when you smile

No comments:

Post a Comment