10.12.2010

An Interview with Sage96

Before I begin, I would like to send a shout out to Alka Pai! Hi Alka! Haha I did as I promised :)

Anyways, I recently decided to interview a dear friend; who is known as Sage96 (or Albuss Potter). She is a serious gymnast and athelete, who balances academics, piano, and being a great friend all at the same time. How does she do this? Simple; read along to hear her tips, thoughts, and pieces of advice. In addition, stop by her blog at http://sage96.blogspot.com/ and take a look! And so without further ado...

1. I understand that academics is a big part of your life, yet, at the same time, gymnastics is as well. How do you balance these two activities?
I love gymnastics a lot, but I know that if I don't perform at my absolute best at school, then I'll have to quit. Keeping that in mind, I work hard at gym, but if there's a conflict between the two, then school is definitely where I need to be.

2. What are your aspirations/dreams/ideas/visions for the future?
To be honest, I really don't know what I want to be when I'm older. I'm interested in art, maybe graphic design or something, but I don't think that I'm the type that can sit in an office or cubicle all day.

3.Do you have advice for a student just starting middle school/junior high? If so, what? What are the three most importnat lifeskills that will help you in junior high?
Going into junior high/middle school, don't be afraid or self-conscious. After all, you can't pretend to be who you aren't forever; it's the truth. Also, always be on top of your homework. No matter what, finish it on time, even if it isn't the best quality (but if you do have time, do it well), because a small amount of point is always better than none. Make sure you try to get involved with the school. Join clubs to get to know other people in your grade and the grades above you. This way, you'll be more comfortable in the school and you'll know many more people.

4. Do you have a favorite writer which you would reccommend? A favorite book?
I seriously recommend reading the Harry Potter series. Not only are they captivating, but they grab you and stuff you in the wizarding world and you'll love it.

5. As an athlete and a hard worker, what do you think has motivated and pushed you towards your highest potential?
I've always wanted people respect, and I'll pretty much go to the end of the earth to earn it, as long as it's worth it. Also, as an athlete I've learned that this really helps. Think positive, especially when something is going wrong or hurts. There's something called mental healing, and if you don't think you're injured, you body will heal faster, and vise versa. Just a little tip.

6. If you were to leave a final message to the blog readers, what would it be?
Final message, eh? Well, I'd say you should read, read, and read other people's blogs, and soon enough you can write your own and it's really very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment