3.05.2012

Journey to a 100 Posts

Yes, I know I haven't posted in forever (and I feel immensely guilty for that, you have no idea) but yesterday, while lying in bed (a situation in which I most often seem to have my epiphanies...I'm not sure if it's just me, but I always seem to have mini self-reflecting sessions before falling asleep), something drove me to check how many posts I've posted on my blog so far, and what do you know, this will make a hundred. (:

I know for a blog that's been fairly active for four years, this isn't very much, but Merry Go Round has definitely been a journey for me in and of itself and my blog has come to mean whole lot to me. Before this becomes a smattering of sentimental words and unnecessary emotions, I just thank all of you faithful readers who take the time to read when I do post (which I promise I'll be better about :P). Gracias!

On and final note, if there is anything I want to leave you with after reading this (besides the fact that I am and expert at rambling at precisely nothing ;)), I hope if there's one thing you take away, it's this:

Words sometimes can speak more than you think.

Try it sometime...try just letting go of everything (yes, I know very cliche, but really) and just write straight and raw from your heart. You'll be surprised at the results. Don't let any part of you tell you that what you write is wrong because it isn't. You're own writing can't be wrong. And I think that's what the beauty of words are. (:

Anyhow, that's about it for now, but without further ado...

At This Moment in Time
(told in...terms of music ;))

[once]
When I was just a little girl,
the charcoal grey of my eyes said plain...
simple. 
There was nothing foreign, no words to hide,
no lurking stranger
My friends and I, draped with the sleek white of innocence,
reading to be a princess,
firefighter,
superhero.
Life was...
and we liked it that way.

[then]
we learned,
 grew,
danced the dance of recklessness, 
recklessness and joy
We were content and anxious--

[and now]
Suddenly, this black and white is filled with secrets.
And although often it make seem as if
sometimes, we just stop and realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment